I've very excited about the projects this year, they're all diverse and fun:
- Using information theory and machine learning to recognise quality control issues in next gen sequencing lanelets (together with Joshua Randall, Sanger Institute)
- Analysis of the content of NLW's digitised newspapers collection
- Modelling insect choice among plants (together with Lizzy Donkin and John Warren in IBERS)
- A model of the brain of C. elegans that we can play with as a talking point in AI discussions with the public.
- Using image processing and microscope webcams to determine the growth of yeast in microtitre plates.
Hopefully, we'll have some good results by May!